At Expeditors, we work with our customers, service providers and employees to demonstrate a measurable commitment to environmental sustainability. We go beyond compliance to create new opportunities to reduce pollution, while saving money. As a non-asset owning logistics provider, we are not tied to aging fleets. We have the freedom to partner with service providers who have newer, more fuel efficient fleets and strong environmental programs.
In 2010, 2011 and 2012 we disclosed our environmental information through the Carbon Disclosure Project, including our greenhouse gas footprint for scopes 1 and 2.
We continually assess the state of our environmental impact and implement projects to reduce our carbon footprint. As part of our effort, we:
- Help customers consolidate and optimize shipment loads
- Measure and reduce customers' transportation carbon footprint
- Participate in the US EPA SmartWay Program to promote the use of cleaner trucks
- Partner with carriers on environmental guidelines as part of our Service Provider Strategy
- Provide paperless IT systems and visibility to freight
- Implement video conferencing in offices to improve collaboration and to reduce employee travel costs and carbon footprint
- Measure and reduce our office scope 1 and 2 greenhouse gas footprint
- Support over 150 employee green teams across the globe in reducing energy, fuel and paper usage while increasing recycling efforts