Knowledge and experience you can trust for customs brokerage services around the world.
As a customs broker, Expeditors helps importers and exporters process declarations through customs and associated border agencies. We prepare required documentation, calculate duties and other taxes on behalf of the importer, arrange for inspections required by governmental agencies, and arrange for delivery.
EU's New Import Control System
Is your organization prepared for ICS2? The European Union is implementing a new customs pre-arrival cargo information system called Import Control System, or ICS2.
This new system will be released in three phases, with some phases taking effect as early as December 31st, 2022. Read more about how ICS2 will affect your supply chain and how to prepare.
Customs Brokerage Services Across Middle East, Asia, and India
For over twenty years, Expeditors has served as a customs broker in the Middle East, Africa, and India. Our established presence in these regions allows us to leverage our local knowledge and expertise to support customer supply chain requirements through efficient customs clearance and effective regulatory compliance.
Read about the services we offer in these regions and how they can streamline your customs strategy.
CBSA Assessment and Revenue Management
In October 2023, the Canada Border Services Agency will implement a new program to change the way it collects duties and taxes from importers. Steve Bunda, Manager of Business Development for Customs, shares information on what's changing, how to act, and illustrates why now is the best time to act in preparation for this massive change.
Follow along in our podcast as we discuss CBSA Assessment and Revenue Management.
Our service offerings include:
- Exception Management - Vendor referrals: Manage vendor documentation and information discrepancies, identify bottlenecks, and reduce costs and expensive delays
- Declaration document visibility on line for all countries where we offer customs brokerage service
- Consistent timing and events to provide visibility to the process
- Declaration data in 25+ countries
- Frontier Release Management: Simplify European customs procedures
- Customer sourcing profiles: Get confidential sourcing profile reports for U.S. customs brokerage customers
- exp.o® ISF audit report: Get assistance for meeting obligations for U.S. Customs Importer Security Filing (ISF).
- Programmable business and compliance rules through ESAudit and other programs: Customize your compliance requirements.
- Delivery Management: End to end execution, quality data, dedicated teams, all in the hands of our global network to ensure you stay on track for every shipment.
What is AD/CVD?
If you're an importer, it's more important than ever to be aware of anti-dumping duties (ADD) and countervailing duties (CVD).
At a high level, dumping occurs when foreign companies can produce items at a lower price than those items would sell domestically, or below cost of production. Countervailable subsidies are a subset of financial assistance provided by a foreign government to aid production and exportation of goods for lower cost.
Visit our AD/CVD resource page to learn more.
Forced Labor Enforcement Actions
Forced labor has been a persistent topic in the world of supply chain for years but has grown in significance since around 2016 due in part to legislative actions taken in the United States. Expeditors is committed to being an information resource for our customers on forced labor issues, including enforcement. Learn more on our webpage about Forced Labor Enforcement Actions and access government and Expeditors resources.
Interested in Learning More?
Check out our upcoming webinars and seminars on customs brokerage services and global customs events.
Episode 41 | Global Customs: Customs Evolving in Southeast Asia
Southeast Asia is gaining more spotlight as a sourcing alternative and for its growing economies. Director of Customs in South Asia Manal Sakr Bradnam talks about how customs could be affected and what a push for stronger enforcement and compliance look like as global organizations take interest in expanding to Southeast Asia.