Sometimes containers do not arrive when expected, and orders or manufacturing cannot be fulfilled. If you have a fixed staffing level to unload containers at your arrival point, but containers arrive with no standard cadence - some days you get none, other days you get double what you can handle. What does that mean for your labor costs?
You expect your drayage carrier to show up with the container you expect, and to depart with the right empty container to stop the storage clock, but then you get surprised with additional storage bills. You had a great logistics plan, but you cannot corral all the players to make it a reality.
This is where Delivery Management comes in. Expeditors offers a managed service to:
- Manage pickup delivery and return of containers regardless of who you contract with
- Manage the multiple parties and fragmented data that are critical to predictable delivery
- Manage Distribution Centers in order to empty/load/match and return containers timely
- Forecast and allocate to truckers
- Manage container milestones, free time, appointments, & prioritization
The combination of data, people, and processes is what makes this tool so powerful. To learn more about this offering register for our free offering below!