SEA+AIR / AIR+SEAcase
Combine sea and air for a cost-saving alternative to straight airfreight.
Expeditors combines Sea+Air / Air+Sea shipping services for savings over straight airfreight shipments while maintaining reasonable transit times. Combining Sea+Air / Air+Sea service can also help you minimize destination warehouse changes.
Sea+Air / Air+Sea shipments stay integrated within our global network, systems, and operational procedures, and receive Expeditors’ superior customer service from start to finish.
Sea+Air / Air+Sea helps importers and exporters with:
Better Transit Time and Performance
Transit times for multimodal service fall between normal air and ocean shipments on the same lane, with time savings up to 50 percent over an ocean transit. Select Asian routes act as capacity buffers and offer transit times similar to air transit but perform much better thanks to space availability.
Simplified Shipment Documentation
Sea+Air/Air+Sea services at Expeditors move on a single transport document and a single per-kilo rate covers all transportation and trans-shipment costs.
Global Tracking and Reporting
Global visibility for all Sea+Air/Air+Sea shipments is provided by Expeditors’ online tracking system, exp.o®, and Electronic Data Interchange (EDI) communication protocols process Sea+Air/Air+Sea shipment information.
Expeditors offers Sea+Air/Air+Sea services on the following trade lanes:
- Asia via Dubai to Europe, Africa, and North America
- India/Pakistan via Dubai to Europe, Africa, and North America
- Asia via Incheon, Hong Kong, Taipei, or Singapore to Europe and the Americas
- Asia via North America (Los Angeles and/or Miami) to Latin America
- Europe and Middle East via Miami to Latin America
- Latin America Sea+Air/Air+Sea to Europe, Asia, Middle East, and India
- Sea+Air/Air+Sea from Europe and North America to Australia and New Zealand via Asia
Features & Benefits
Expeditors combines Sea+Air / Air+Sea transportation to offer a cost-saving alternative to airfreight shipments. Sea+Air / Air+Sea shipments retain all the value added services such as reducing supply chain costs, finding effective routes and greater coverage, and optimizing the combination of speed and cost, all while still maintaining reasonable transit times.